Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Our nap battles - day 3

Up, for the day at 5:30 am.  Painful all around...

But that meant I started seeing tired signs at 8 am.  I know there's no hope of napping now.  Still very content to play, taking snuggle breaks now and then. We had second breakfast, drank some milk (yay!), played a little more. By 8:45 - 9 am, we tried for a few minutes to go to her bedroom, rock in the chair, drink a bit more milk from a cup, lay on the floor and see if she's willing to snuggle... nope, she wants to get up and wander around.

Fine with me. We're only going to try for 10 minutes, tops. I can't handle getting so frustrated because we're trying to force something that's not going to happen.  So we get up and go play for a little bit longer.  15-20 minutes maybe.

9:30 we are back in her room.  She was no longer happy playing. Just wanted to be held. So we went to her room and snuggled in the chair for not even a minute, she seemed to be happy snuggling, but almost like she'd be better if we just laid her down. So I laid her on her nap mat on the floor, and half laid next to her, half crouched above her. She wriggled a bit for a minute or two, but did not try to get up. I could tell her eyes were drifting closed.  By 9:35, she was fully asleep.

Victory! And guess what... it's over an hour and a half later, and she is still sleeping!! I have not had to go in there at all. I heard her cry once and when I looked at the monitor, she was on all fours, but by the time I got upstairs, she was back asleep, with her backside still up in the air! What a sleepy head today!! That's what happens when you only sleep 8.5 hours overnight, baby girl!

Grand total ended up being about 15 minutes shy of 2 hours! Way to go little monster :)


No comments:

Post a Comment