Monday, September 16, 2013

Our nap battles - week 1 summary

Didn't have time to detail every day of week 1, but in general, I think we had a lot of success and made good progress towards figuring out how to get little monster to sleep! I decided I could only handle a nap attempt for about 10 minutes at a time, and if it wasn't working, we'd come back and play for a while. Usually with LM in a great mood!  And eventually it would work. A lot of days we didn't have morning nap until 11 or even 12. And several days she wouldn't go down for an afternoon nap until she just couldn't make it anymore about 5:30 or 6. Which meant very late bed time.  But it's still a work in progress.  Maybe week 2 will even out a little bit, now that she's getting more used to falling asleep laying down, as opposed to completely being held.

It's gonna be a slow process, but I'm glad it seems to be headed the right direction!

Last night, she even let me lay her in her crib to finish falling asleep at bed time! She wouldn't quite get settled when we were sitting in the rocking chair snuggling, so I tried laying her down. She wasn't real happy about it, but wasn't screaming like normal. I got as far over the railing as I could so I was still sorta snuggling with her, but she was laying down, and she rolled over and only took a minute or so to be asleep enough for me to leave. A very painful minute for me, with a crib railing in my abdomen, hah! But it worked, so it's totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment